Donate Stock and Securities

Donate Stock and Securities

Making a gift of appreciated stock, bonds or mutual funds is a smart and easy way to prevent and resolve missing children crises. If you have stock that you have owned for more than one year and it has appreciated since you purchased it, you can avoid capital gains taxes by donating it to a 501(c)(3) organization like Child Find of America. Plus, you can also deduct stock donations equal to an amount of up to 30 percent of your adjusted gross income, and any excess deductible amount can be carried over for as long as five years to offset income or capital gains taxes.

To donate stocks via wire transfer, please inform your broker/banker of your intention in writing. Provide them with the following information:

  • The name of the stock
  • The number of shares or certificates you wish to donate
  • The gift designation 
  • Details for Child Find of America’s account at Edward Jones:
    • Account name: Child Find of America, Inc., EIN #22-2323336
    • Account number: 736057901-0
    • Broker: Marlene V. Pagentine
      Edward Jones
      243 Main Street #100
      New Paltz, NY 12561
      (845) 255-2955

If you plan to donate stock to Child Find, please contact Mark Delluomo at (845) 883-6060 or [email protected] and provide the following information:

  • Your name
  • The name of the stock
  • The number of shares being donated
  • The financial institution that is transferring the stock
  • The gift designation